How to add new memory to your custom PC
Adding Random Access Memory or RAM to your computer is very important, as this will decide how much will it take for your apps to load and run, or how fast/slow the computer experience really is. Adding RAM isn’t that hard to perform, and all you need to do is to follow a few simple instructions that we are going to provide you with right now!
First thing’s first, before you start adding RAM, you need to purchase it. Consult your motherboard and see the supported RAM types, then select one which suits your budget! Remember that the more RAM you add, the better your computer will perform but remember what you use the computer for so you won’t buy more than you need to!
1. You need to remove all the cables from your computer, if it’s already installed, if not skip this and remove the side panel by removing the screws first, either manually or with a tool, depending on the situation.
2. Once the previous step is completed, you need to place your computer case on the side so you can access the motherboard and the place where you need to place your RAM.
3. After locating that place, you need to grab the RAM board just like in the image.
4. Carefully lower the RAM board into the slot until it fits perfectly, and then press the two side clips, as these will allow you to keep the board in place. If the connection is performed perfectly you will hear a ticking sound.
5. If you have multiple RAM boards, then repeat the process for each one!
Lastly, all you have to do is to shut the case and reconnect the cables, then you will be able to see the new RAM in either Windows or BIOS!